Oh what a day! On a beautiful sunny afternoon in NW Portland, our community came together to celebrate the 100th anniversary of our beloved park. And what a wonderful, inclusive and family-focused event it was!
Check out some pictures in our Photo Gallery!
Just a few of the highlights to note:
- A beautiful and moving tribute to the park from several speakers with deep roots to the park.
- Live music by Hit Machine! Great energy and engagement with the crowd by this local favorite band.
- A new tree and commemorative plaque marking the occasion for generations to come.
- Information tables from other community-focused groups, spreading the good word of their respective advocacies and missions.
- Kids events! Lots of fun for the whole family with arts and crafts, face painting, and games! Cornhole, giant Jenga, checkers, tug-o-war, and more!
- A Dog Parade and Contest with 60 of the cutest, happiest, best-dressed and adorable doggies from the neighborhood. A fun walk around the park, cheered on by the crowd, made this a unique and memorable event!
- Wonderful food trucks serving BBQ, Mexican, and Dippin’ Dots ice cream. Yummy!
Special thanks to everybody who contributed to making this event a success, including our sponsoring businesses!